Gosh I apologize that it’s been soooo stinkin’ long since the last time I posted….it’s been a pretty rough couple of weeks. But praise the Lord for remaining faithful through every circumstance and for always being the one constant I can rely on. He is so good, even when things aren’t so good 🙂
And praise the Lord for more time to get back to cooking, too! So to make up for it, I’ll have TWO recipes for ya’ll to try your hand at and trust me, you’ll wanna give these a go!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are one of Matthew’s most favorite candies of all time. He’s been requesting I bake them into some cookies for a looooooooong time so ta-da! Now I’m not a big fan of peanut butter but this cookie recipe made me a believer. It’s smooth, creamy, and perfect with a tall glass of milk. Oh gosh, I think I need to go make another batch right now…….
So I tackled this recipe two ways: Reese’s on top and Reese’s in the middle.
My vote is for Reese’s in the middle. Matt’s voted was for Reese’s on top. But…it’s my blog so Reese’s in the middle wins 🙂
[JK it’s cuz I only have pictures of it in the middle. We ate all the ones with Reese’s on top before I could even find my camera hehe.]
The way you make the batter is exactly the same for both ways and it’s a pretty standard sugar cookie batter. You’ll wanna make sure to refrigerate your batter for at least an hour before you bake it. This time is important because makes the batter less sticky to mess with AND it lets the peanut butter flavor really soak in there.
For Reese’s in the middle – Roll two balls of dough, about one tablespoon each, and sandwich the Reese’s in between them. Then, press the dough around the sides of the candy until it’s all covered up. Then bake for 11-13 minutes.
For Reese’s on top – Roll about 2 tablespoons of batter into a ball and place them about 2 inches apart from each other. 6 minutes in, take the cookies out and gently press the Reese’s into the center, then return it to the oven for the remaining cook time.
This recipe definitely goes into my Cookie Hall of Fame list. Seriously, I’m typing as fast as I can so I can go make more!!!!!
Happy baking and have a blessed week everyone 🙂
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- One and One Fourth Cup of Flour
- One Half Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- One Half Teaspoon of Salt
- One Stick of Butter, soften
- One Fourth Cup of White Sugar
- One Half Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- One Half Cup of Peanut Butter
- One Large Egg
- One Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and let it hang out for awhile.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars for about 2 minutes until smooth and light.
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Incorporate the flour mixture in batches and then refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Take two balls of dough, about one tablespoon each, and sandwich the Reese’s in between. Then press the dough around the remainder of the candy until fully covered.
- Place the balls of dough about 2 inches apart from each other on a sheet pan and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Try not to eat more than one.