List 10 random facts about yourself most people do not know.
- I have a big ole scar on my left knee and I like to make up wild stories of how I got it. Holding onto the back of a car on my bike and falling off after a sharp turn. Tripping over rocks on a Girl Scouts outing while running away from a hive of angry bees. Crawling under a fence during a neighborhood game of Hide-and-Seek in the dark. Pretty B-A huh? But really I got it because when I was 5, I tripped over a twig on the ground while I was walking through the park. Not as wild….
- Most people know that I’m pretty involved in the orphan care ministry and that I have a huge huge heart for adoption because physical adoption is a beautiful picture of the spiritual adoption I’ve had through Christ Jesus! But I actually really want to adopt at least two children myself once I have my own family. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and it’s become one of my heart’s greatest desires to adopt once I got the chance to visit Kenya and see what a difference having a loving family makes. I want to adopt so much so that it was actually a deal-breaker if a guy wasn’t open to adopting! So I am very lucky that Matthew not only is willing to but really supports adoption 🙂
“In love 5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:5-6
- So my boyfriend’s name is Matthew and he’s quite simply the best. When I first told my mom that I was dating him, she paused for awhile and then responded, “Did you know that if you were born a boy instead, I was going to name you Matthew? That’s pretty funny huh? You should tell Matthew he’s lucky you aren’t a boy.”
- When I was a kid, my life goals were not too ambitious. While most kids dreamed of being a firefighter or doctor or astronaut, I legitimately aspired to be a professional ice cream scooper and the owner of my favorite local ice cream parlor was my hero for the longest time.
- I hate crying in public. Or at least I hate being seen crying in public. Ugh I hate it so much. There’s a lot of times at church where I cry during service or worship and I will remove myself until my face has stopped being red and puffy. Or times when I’ve pushed back or even cancelled hang outs with people cuz it’s obvious I’ve let a tear or two go. Even crying at movies makes me embarrassed and I like to blame my sniffling, red nose on the horrible allergies that always seem to come right at the perfect time.
- I am notoriously horrible at responding to text messages and emails. I always liked to think that I was so great at communicating through technology but I really just suck at it. There’s this thing that I do where I look at the message and then I respond to it in my mind and so I think that I have already responded to them and I actually get upset that no one has responded back because common guys, are you not able to read my mind yet??? Or sometimes I read messages while I’m doing other stuff and it doesn’t even register in my mind that I read it until it’s like 5 weeks later and I’m wondering why I have all these open messages that I don’t remember. Or sometimes I just don’t feel like texting someone back because my fingers feel tired. I am so sorry if this applies to you. Please be gracious.
- I’m proudly 100% Chinese (Taiwanese for those of you who are picky) but I have managed to convince people over the years that I am part Filipino, Mexican, Cambodian, and my personal favorite, Jamaican. The best part is when people respond by saying “Oh my gosh I can totally see it!” heheh. Sorry to disappoint!
- When I was a little kid, I was a TOTAL bully. And not bully towards just anyone but exclusively towards boys [who obviously had cooties so it’s ok]. I think it came from growing up with a bunch of boys since my parent’s friends all had boys that were around my age so you know, I had to stand my ground! It got so bad that when we were 4, my friend Kevin didn’t even want to come play at my house anymore because I would always beat him up or take all his food and then get him in trouble for something he didn’t do so that he would go away [sorry Kevin!]. When I was 3, my parents gave me a gift to give to my friend Clifford for his birthday and after I saw what it was, I took it back and kicked him because I wanted it for myself. I’ve definitely grown up a lot since then and have learned treat my main man much better 🙂
- I never cared much for my last name until I got to college. Actually, I never even really liked my last name until I got to college. It was always a nuisance because no one knew how to pronounce it, no one had ever heard of it, and it was just kinda weird sounding. But somehow my last name became this big thing in college where people would just refer to me as Juang or give me weird nicknames based off my last name and I came to really appreciate how unique it is! Now I love love love and am super proud of my last name. I’m kinda bummed I’m gonna have to change it once I get married. No more Juangle Fever
- I think anyone who’s ever met me know that I’m an extrovert but it’s to a pretty extreme extent. I love being around people whether in large crowds or even just one other person because being around people just gives me so much energy! Being by myself is actually more tiring for me. It’s surprisingly hard for me to be alone for extended periods of time and I’ve realized it’s something not a lot of people understand because I’m just such so people-oriented. For example: when I moved into an apartment my Junior year, my roommates would have take turns being in the apartment with me at all times because I would get super sad if I was by myself for more than like an hour. While most people need a day to themselves every week or two to refresh, I only need one once every few months and it’s only if I’m feeling really overwhlemed. When I think about it, that’s probably why I loved being in UCI Housing for three years – you’re never alone for even a moment! It’s taken a lot of time for me to get used to and to enjoy being alone, and even now, I get really antsy and start feeling pretty lonely if I’m by myself for too long. So pretty much, just come hang out with me, everyone!
Whew. Hats off to you if you already knew a good chunk of these! But you learn something new every day right?? 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!
Have a beautiful day!