Happy Belated Easter!
While everyday is a day that we celebrate the sacrifice Christ made for us on the cross and how he conquered over death, today is a day set aside to really celebrate the life we have in Christ! Just like Pastor Peter said, today is the exclamation mark! No Easter Bunny or egg hunt – only the empty tomb of the risen King who has been raised to life so that we we may also know what it is like to have true life. Thank you Jesus for all that you have done for us who no where near deserve it. You are too good to us.
In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied –
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine –
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
* * * * * * * * *
Our apartment woke up super early this Easter Sunday to make it to Early Rise service at Berean and wanted to take advantage of the extra time we had to eat breakfast together. I’ve been wanting to make a fancy breakfast/brunch for awhile and what better occasion than the celebration of the resurrection of Christ?!
Not gonna lie, most of the time I decide what to make based on what I have lying around my kitchen. I had a bunch of bananas that desperately needed to be used and a bunch of apples I bought to try and be healthy. Boom. Homemade applesauce and banana pancakes.
The applesauce makes this pancake healthier, but just as delicious because it acts as a substitute for something less healthy. IDK what it’s substituting but I don’t care because I don’t miss it.
We gobbled these up so fast for our apartment Easter breakfast with special guest, Helen Han!! Pancakes, omelettes, great company, a great God, and a momentous day. So thankful for these girls and the unity that we have in Christ.
Because of his death on the cross, we have died to our old life of sin. Because he has conquered over death, we can have new life in Him. What a glorious day, what a glorious cross, what a glorious empty tomb. He has indeed risen and He is truly alive!
Happy [Belated] Easter Sunday from our apartment to you!
In Him Alone,
Banana Applesauce Pancakes
- One Cup of Flour
- One Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- One Big Pinch of Salt
- Two Tablespoons of Sugar
- Three-Fourths Cup of Milk
- Half Cup of Applesauce
- One Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- One Egg
- Half Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- One Ripe Banana (Two if you like them super banana-y)
- Mash banana. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, egg, and cinnamon.
- Combine the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients. Mix in the bananas.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased pan on medium-low heat. You can make big pancakes or small pancakes – whatever your belly desires!
- Wait until the sides have become semi-cooked and there are some bubbles on top before you flip them over. Let them sit for about a minute before serving it for everyone to enjoy.
- Top generously with your favorite additions (syrup, butter, fruits).